Social media takes time but it has the potential to really build an individual,a business and a brand.We welcome Karabo Mokgoko a blogger, Trendsetter, Influencer & brand campaigner to talk more on Social media,her involvement&its use.
- How long have you been engaged in social networking and/or social media channels? I started off on Twitter on the 5th of November 2009 (lol yup I know my Twitterversary) .
- Are you familiar with any restrictions or limitations on social media activities?
- Yes I am, I never read Terms and conditions though, found out only after breaking the rules.
- What social networks do you specialize in?
- I’ve been on every social network you can think of (except Facebook) but Twitter is pretty much what I’m a mini expert on.
- What are some of the best Social media sales strategies of 2015?
- For brands? I’d say competitions, that creates brand awareness, keeps the followers interested and excited while learning more about your products at the same time.
- What is your perception of social media marketing and how will it help in business goals? with Social media is the future of advertising. People hardly watch tv/ listen to radio or buy newspapers/ magazines anymore. But everyone goes on social media often. The awesome part about social media is you can see how many people saw your tweet, how many people clicked on the link you tweeted etc. in that way, you are able to see the amount of people your posts reach.
- How do you evaluate new social networks regards to new opportunities? I see if brands are interested in the audience on the social network. If not, there aren’t any opportunities for me there.
- Can you give me an example of a limitation of a social network that you have experienced and overcome or worked around? I believe the follow limit. I deal with it every single day. You’re only allowed to follow 1000 people a day, but that’s ok, I just wait till my follow limited is reset and I follow more people. Also the tweet limit. In a day you can’t tweet/ retweet more than 2400 tweets, if you do, you get blocked from tweeting for a while. It sucks not being able to reply or RT every mention. The worst!
11.How do you build an audience?
Being yourself. Posting what people will relate to. Be real. Follow people too.
12.Pro’s&Con’s of Social media?
- It’s fun
- you can make lots of money from having fun 😉
•It’s time consuming . 13. How do you filter out valuable content from experts&leaders from their Twitter,Facebook,LinkedIn&Blog updates? Make Twitter lists & Only read what applies to you I guess. 14.Your thoughts on how to handle social media pressure? I really don’t know how one can get social media pressure, it’s only for fun, relax! . Twitter:@Kay_Angel.